Monday, November 06, 2006

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query

I've been working some small web site and on my personal server everything was ok, but when I uploaded site on it's server, this is what I got when I tried to insert some data in my Access database:

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query


There were almost no detalis about the problem... After almost hour of debuging, I discovered that I didn't have permissions to write to my database. Who would think of that!? The funny thing is that this database was created by my provider! I don't know what's the point of database if you can't write into it... I sent email to their admin who gave me appropriate permissions and told me that they never give such permissions by default!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home